Thursday, October 11, 2007

WKUF Returns To the Airwaves

After suspending all live programming for over a month, WKUF-LP, 94.3 returns to the airwaves this week. As some of you may know, this is the college radio station where I host a show (using the alias Xavier B) every Saturday from 4-7 pm EST. On my show (Spin City), I play a wide variety of music from the 70s and 80s. On any given show you are likely to hear artists such as James Brown, Duran Duran, Donna Summer, Run DMC, Suzi Quatro, and The Smiths. My 1st show after the layoff will be Saturday, October 13th.

If you live outside of the Flint area, you can hear the station right through your computer! To listen, you will need either Real Player, Winamp, or iTunes. Just click on the link below and you'll be taken to Kettering University's home page. Next, click on the "Listen to the NEW WKUF Student Webstream" link. You will find this link in a blue box on the right side of the page.

WKUF

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good. Any format consisting of both James Brown and Suzi Quattro is something I'd prefer to listen to. I'm gonna be busy Saturday, but I'm going to try to get in at least a little bit of your show.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Why was the live programming suspended? Oh and yay you play Duran Duran!!

Sparky Duck said...

Retro music, good stuff!

Bethanne said...

Flint, eh? I'm partial to MI as I grew up there... and Debbie Gibson was great. I like country but give me the classic country anyday. None of this Picklehead crap they're playing now.

thanks for visiting my blog. Congratulations on getting your spot back.

Rebecca said...

HaHa - the Smiths Rock!!! :P

Malcolm said...

X. Dell: Cool, I'll be glad to have you aboard.

Mistress of the Dark: Live programming was suspended due to theft. Someone stole the CD players and some other equipment. During the period of suspension, the station still operated by utilizing the automated playlist.

Sparky Duck: I really love doing a show with this format. Because listeners realize that I play such a wide mix, I've gotten requests by artists as diverse as Elvis Costello, The Sugarhill Gang, The Doors, and Kim Carnes.

Morgan St. John: Glad to hear from a transplanted Michigander. I too am a fan of classic country. I first got into it by listening to a Music Choice channel back in the mid 1990s. Hank Sr, Connie Smith, Eddy Arnold, Buck Owens, and Webb Pierce are some of my favorites.

Frigga: "Panic" is one of my favorite Smiths tunes. I hope that the song's refrain (Hang the DJ) doesn't give listeners any ideas about me.

Bar L. said...

I am all over it! I have a friend who does a show over Shoutcast ever Sat from 6 - 9 and his playlist is very, very eclectic. I enjoy his but I am for sure going to switch over and listen to you from 4 - 7!

pjazzypar said...

Welcome back!

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->