Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Final Results of the American Idol Poll

By the skin of her pearly whites, Carrie Underwood edged out Kelly Clarkson as the favorite "American Idol" winner. Although Carrie led during most of the poll, Kelly forced a tie on the final day that the poll was open. That left it up to me to decide. Since I don't have a preference between the two, I implemented good old-fashioned scientific logic to come to a decision. If you are interested in learning the method I used, click here.

Although I haven't watched "Amercian Idol" on a regular basis, I have occasionally tuned in to see some of the tryouts and season finales. I did happen to catch Carrie Underwood's audition. When I saw her for the first time, I thought to myself that if she sounds as good as she looks, she would be the next American Idol.

Because Jordin Sparks was the most recent American Idol champ, I expected her to fare better in the poll. However, she tied with Season 2 winner Ruben Studdard for the least amount of votes. As for Taylor Hicks, the Soul Patrol didn't turn out in full force because their main man only received 6% of the vote.

Here are the final results:

Carrie Underwood- 32%
Kelly Clarkson- 29%
Fantasia Barrino- 25%
Taylor Hicks- 6%
Ruben Studdard- 3%
Jordin Sparks- 3%

Below is concert footage of Carrie Underwood performing the Guns 'n' Roses hit "Sweet Child O' Mine".

3 comments:

TRUTH ABOUT KELLY CLARKSON FAN CLUB said...

Kelly Clarkson Fan CLub is a Fraud and dislikes GAY members... I have been a member for numerous years!! I WILL not be renewing after my membership expires. WHY? I have never been picked for a meet and greet nor have i ever won a contest on the website... The Site claims to give each member limited number of meet and greets per year? Well they should only be allowed one per year, I know of people that have supposely won the meet and greet more then once, so that is NOT fair to the other members of the "Fan Club".. I think her fan club is ANTI GAY.. I think her people need to remember that SHE has alot of GAY fans and that they are not ALL Teenage teeny BOPPERS... PErhaps that is why her record also did not do so well because HER people seem to FORGET WHO all the fans are... SO I think Kelly Should get some NEW people who run her fan club, or i will continue to try to convince others to cancel and not renew membership to the fan club!!!!!!!!!

X. Dell said...

I guess Underwood was heads and tails over the competition.

Truth about Kelley Clarkson Fan Club, don't beat around the bush. Tell us what you really think.

Malcolm said...

Truth: Sorry to hear about your experiences with the Kelly Clarkson Fan Club. Maybe you will get your wish for a meet & greet or win something before your membership expires... good luck!

X. Dell: When in doubt, toss a coin. In regards to the Truth About KC Fan Club, they've got an axe and they are grinding the hell out of it.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->