Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Final Results of the Classic Toy Poll

In a runaway, the drawing toy Etch A Sketch was voted as the favorite classic toy. If you want to get your sketch on but don't have an actual Etch A Sketch handy, here. Below are the final results:

Etch A Sketch 36%
Silly Putty 21%
Yo-Yo 15%
Hula Hoop 12%
Slinky 9%
Rubik's Cube 6%

The next poll is up so if you haven't already, make your voice heard. This week, I ask you to choose your favorite American Idol winner. There may be some who are puzzled by the absence of Clay Aiken from the choices. Although Aiken's high profile the first couple of years after his AI appearance would lead some to believe otherwise, he was actually the runner-up to Ruben Studdard in Season 2.

7 comments:

Holly Smith said...

Damn....I was hoping yo-yo would pull it out in the end. Oh well, Etch-a-Sketch was fun. Those things took real planning. This generation has grown up with the much easier MagnaDoodle...which could explain a lot.

Damien Riley said...

I've made some mean art with those through the years! Worthy winner I say!

Malcolm said...

Holly: My vote went to the Slinky. I have one on my desk at work. When I worked in the Customer Service Dept. for the company that I am still employed at, the Slinky really came in handy. When talking to some customers, it would get to the point where I was sick of listening to them because they were basically repeating themselves. When it reached that point, I would grab the Slinky. It became a running joke with my co-workers. They would say, "Malcolm has/had a Slinky call".

Damien: Although I never had one, I had relatives who did. I remember making some pretty wicked creations back in the day.

pjazzypar said...

I chose Slinky as well. I had an old metal one as a child and use to love to let it walk down the stairs. I might have chosen the Hula Hoop or the Yo Yo but I wasn't good at either.

Cup said...

Operation didn't make the top five? For shame!

Bar L. said...

Nothing I've ever voted for in your polls has won - I think I'm an oddball. Oh well :) I LOVED my hula hoop and could get three going at once (neck, waist and knees). I have an old 8mm film of me "hula-hooping" when I was about ten.

I still play with a slinky, have one on my desk to relieve stress.

Malcolm said...

Pjazzy: I sucked at the hula hoop too.

Beth: Since I chose not to include board games, Operation didn't make the cut.

Barbara: Is there any way that you can transfer your 8mm film to your PC? If so, that would be too cool to see your hula hoop footage on your blog.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->