Sunday, October 14, 2007

Spin City Playlist For 10/13/07

4 pm hour

Don't Leave Me This Way- Thelma Houston
Romanticide- Combo Audio
Gangsters of the Groove- Heatwave
Armageddon It- Def Leppard
Silly- Deniece Williams
Get the Cream Off the Top- Eddie Kendricks
Dude Looks Like A Lady- Aerosmith

Common Thread segment: In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, 4 tunes by Latin artists:
Tell Her She's Lovely- El Chicano
Falling In Love (Uh-Oh)- Miami Sound Machine
Will the Wolf Survive- Los Lobos
Suavecito- Malo

Bust A Move- Young MC
Old Fashioned Love- The Commodores

5 pm hour

Saturday Night- The Bay City Rollers
Acid Queen- Tina Turner
You're A Friend of Mine- Clarence Clemons & Jackson Browne
Human- Human League
Live It Up- The Isley Bros.
Jack & Jill- Raydio
Don't Talk To Strangers- Rick Springfield

Now & Then segment's featured artist: Simply Red
Stay (the title track from their 2007 CD)
The Right Thing

Look Into Your Heart- Aretha Franklin
September- Earth, Wind, & Fire
I Wish I Had A Girl- Henry Lee Summer
Lookin' For A Love- Bobby Womack
State Farm- Yaz

6 pm hour

Talk Dirty To Me- Poison
Five Minutes of Funk- Whodini
Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting- Elton John
Holdin' On- L.T.D.
Atomic- Blondie
Illegal Alien- Genesis
Body Heat- James Brown
Bring the Noise- Public Enemy
Wild & Crazy Love- The Mary Jane Girls
Power To the People- John Lennon
Baby Let Me Kiss You- King Floyd
Rock Steady- The Whispers
Head Over Heels- Tears For Fears

Did any of your favorites make this week's playlist?

5 comments:

Bar L. said...

I missed it! I was at my brother's house. Sounds like a great show.

pjazzypar said...

Great show yesterday. I was able to catch the entire broadcast for a change. You started off strong with one of my favorites from the disco era (Don't Leave me This Way) and it just got better and better. I also love the the little trivia tidbits you share, for instance, I never knew that Mick Hucknall of "Simply Red" dated Catherine Zeta Jones...Interesting. Anyhow, glad to have you back!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Love the Lep song...and Saturday Night...Human, Don't Talk To Strangers and would you believe I just got the Henry Lee Summer CD on La La, because that song got stuck in my head not to long ago?

X. Dell said...

I caught a bit of your show, yesterday. You're one smooth-talking mother on the air. The medium of radio really suits you.

I gotta thank you for playing "Bust a Move." I haven't heard it in ages. Maybe next week you can play some more geezer-rap for me?

Malcolm said...

Barbara: I'm sorry to hear you missed it. I hope you can catch me at some point in the future.

Pjazzy: Thanks for the props! The factoid about Mick Hucknall dating Catherine Zeta-Jones was something that I just learned this past Saturday. He was quite the ladies man back in the day. In addition to Catherine Zeta, he also dated Helena Christensen and some other models as well.

Mistress of the Dark: That's weird that I played Henry Lee Summer and you recently purchased his CD. "I Wish I Had A Girl" is such a great tune and video. I know it only hit #20, but the song is still worthy of more airplay than it gets.

X. Dell: I appreciate the kind words. Your comment about me being a smooth mother on the air had me cracking up. If you can tell me approx. what time you will be listening this coming Saturday, I will make sure to get some more geezer rap on for you.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->