Saturday, October 27, 2007

Spin City Playlist For 10/27/07

4 pm hour

Got To Give It Up- Marvin Gaye
Heatseeker- AC/DC
Little Too Late- Pat Benatar
You & I- Rick James
Save It For A Rainy Day- Stephen Bishop
There's No Me Without You- The Manhattans
It's Raining Men- The Weather Girls

Common Thread segment: 49th birthday tribute to Simon LeBon
All She Wants Is- Duran Duran
Girls On Film- Duran Duran
A View To A Kill- Duran Duran
Election Day- Arcadia

Uptown Festival- Shalamar
You Are Everything- The Stylistics
Keep It Live- The Dazz Band

5 pm hour

Vacation- The Go Gos
Now We're Getting Somewhere- Crowded House
Do That Stuff- Parliament
Slippin' Into Darkness- War
I've Got the Music In Me- Kiki Dee
Too Tight- Con Funk Shun
I Want Her- Keith Sweat
Fool In Love With You- Jim Photoglo

Now & Then segment's featured artist: Ann Wilson
Immigrant Song (from her new solo CD "Hope and Glory")
Magic Man- Heart

Lonely At the Top- Mick Jagger
(I'm Just Thinking About) Cooling Out- Jerry Butler
Theme from Shaft- Isaac Hayes
Mary Goes 'Round- Ready For the World

6 pm hour

Stand- R.E.M.
Factory- Simple Minds
Rebels Are We- Chic
Undercover Angel- Alan O'Day
Tramp- Salt & Pepa
Wet My Whistle- Midnight Star
Sideshow- Blue Magic
Run Run Run- Jo Jo Gunne
Jackie Wilson Said (I'm In Heaven When You Smile)- Van Morrison
Harden My Heart- Quarterflash
Mystery Lady- Billy Ocean
Your Wildest Dreams- The Moody Blues
For God's Sake (Give More Power To the People)- The Chi Lites
Back To Life- Soul II Soul

Did any of your favorites make this week's playlist?


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Malcolm!

Alan O'Day

pjazzypar said...

Good mix as always. I thought I was somewhat of a Chic connoisseur but I had never heard "Rebels Are We". While it was playing I was thinking that sounds like something Sister Sledge would sing. I loved the Now and Then segment. I actually saw Heart on the A&E Sunday morning show entitled "Sessions" a few weeks back. Thanks for "Back to Life".

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Simon is 49?? wow!

I heard Duran's new single on satellite radio the other day. Didn't sound like the old Duran at all. I was sad.

BeckEye said...

Nice of you to honor Simon, but "All She Wants Is" is one of my most hated DD songs.

I like their new single. They still have that duran swagger, but they aren't stuck in the '80s. I thought "Astronaut" was a fantastic album, so I'm looking forward to hearing all of "Red Carpet Massacre."

Malcolm said...

Alan: What a surprise... you are quite welcome!

Pjazzy: "Rebels Are We" got quite a bit of airplay on the Flint R&B station back in 1980. Until I found a copy last year, I hadn't heard it since then. You are right about the Sister Sledge similarity. Heart is another group that I have been meaning to see live. They come to the DTE nearly every summer, so I really don't have any excuses for missing them in the past.

Susan: I read that their new single was co-written and produced by Justin Timberlake... which may explain its "non-Duran Duran like" sound. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Beckeye: No love for "All She Wants Is"? That song is right up there with "A View To A Kill" as one of my favorite D2 songs.

Depending on whether or not I like any of their new album, I'll feature them on one of the future "Now and Then" segments.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Duran Duran and The Moody Blues? My life would have been joyfilled if I could have listened to your show :)

Unknown said...

Nice playlist. "Rebels Are We" is one of my favorite songs.

Malcolm said...

The Mistress of the D: Sorry to hear that you missed out on the radio joy last Saturday.

Jason: Nice to hear that somebody else remembers that tune by Chic.

Holly Smith said...

Love REM's Stand and Vacation by the GoGos.....great choices this week!

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->