Saturday, October 20, 2007

Spin City Playlist For 10/20/07

4 pm hour

Jump- Van Halen
Cherish What Is Dear To You- Freda Payne
H.A.P.P.Y. Radio- Edwin Starr
Freedom- Wham!
Hangin' On A String- Loose Ends
Off the Wall- Michael Jackson

Common Thread segment: Tom Petty birthday tribute
Make It Better (Forget About Me)
You Got Lucky
Change of Heart
Don't Do Me Like That

To Be Invisible- Gladys Knight & the Pips
It's Ecstacy When You Lay Down Next To Me- Barry White
Love Plus One- Haircut 100
Head Above Water- Hall & Oates

5 pm hour

Stoned Love- The Supremes
Slaughter- Billy Preston
Arc of A Diver- Steve Winwood
Hard Times- Run DMC
Tumbling Dice- Linda Ronstadt
Be My Lady- Jefferson Starship
Pain- Ohio Players

Now & Then segment's feat. artist: Prince
The One U Wanna C- from his 2007 CD "Planet Earth"
Kiss

Got the Love- AWB
Think- Lyn Collins
Drive- The Cars
Twilight World- Swing Out Sister

6 pm hour

Mighty Love- The Spinners
Pay To the Piper- Chairmen of the Board
Ebony Eyes- Stevie Wonder
Like A Virgin- Madonna
American Fool- John Cougar
When We Was Fab- George Harrison
Thank God It's Friday- Love & Kisses

The Guilty Pleasure of the Week:
Glory of Love- Peter Cetera

Time To Get Down- The O'jays
Keep Me Cryin'- Al Green
People Are People- Depeche Mode
Who's Your Baby- The Archies
Life Is A Rock (But the Radio Rolled Me)- Tracey Ullman
Dial My Heart- The Boys
Night Fever- The Bee Gees

Did any of your faves make this week's playlist?


8 comments:

pjazzypar said...

Actually a few of my favorites made the show this week. "Hangin on a String" by Loose Ends, "To Be Invisible" by Gladys Knight and the Pips, and my all time favorite Ohio Player tune "Pain". Great show!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I love Petty! and When We Was Fab!

You could teach my Fishy a thing or two. Not that he can do much about it. He has a list he has to follow from corporate. Poor Fishy.

Damien Riley said...

Tom Petty's "You Got Lucky" flashed me back to that 80's vid with the Gretsch guitar whammy bar. In the desert as I recall . . . ahhh the early vids of mtv

Malcolm said...

Pjazzy: As always, thanks for the positive feedback. "Pain" is a song that I remember hearing on the radio a lot when I was a kid. However, I never knew the title. A few years ago a friend of mine sent me a DVD about the history of CKLW (a top AM station out of Windsor). One of the songs used on the soundtrack to the documentary was "Pain".

Mistress of the Dark: It had been awhile since I have played either Petty or Harrison on my show. Because of the amount of music I have, I am sometimes guilty of overlooking some artists.

"Poor Fishy"... that made me laugh.
One of the best things about my show is the freedom and creativity I am given. I don't have to worry about some "suit" looking over my shoulder and telling me that I shouldn't play Barry White and Haircut 100 in the same set (not to mention the same show).

Damien: I remember that video. I think that one of the MTV VJs at the time said that it was based on the Mad Max movies.

Holly Smith said...

Well, let's see...your guilty pleasure is one of my alltime favorites. I remember when my dad took my friend and I to see Karate Kid part 2. It's funny how a song can bring back memories (what a cliche - but it's true). Freedom by Wham! is one of my favorites (of course). When I made my list of 80s guilty pleasures I put Wham Rap....but it's really Wham Rap '86 (not on youtube). It's a different version. Truthfully, I had somehow never heard the original one. Also, I love Edge of Heaven by Wham!. It was short lived top 40 hit, but in case you don't remember it, you should listen to it on youtube. It's there. Great list this week!

pjazzypar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pjazzypar said...

OOH! I remember CKLW. When I use to travel to Detroit as a child I would listen to that station over the car radio. They played Motown and other R&B cuts, as well as top 40. If you like Pain, the follow-up Album by the Ohio Players is called "Ecstasy" with the title cut sounding like "Pain Pt. 2".

Malcolm said...

Holly: I always say that cliches are cliches because they are true. I saw the first Karate Kid at the theater, but didn't catch Part II until it hit cable. I still think that it is one of the better sequels in moviedom.

I played the orig. version of Wham Rap on my show last year. It was from their 1st album (Fantastic). Although the album came out in 1983, I didn't buy it on cassette until the late 80s.

I also love "Edge of Heaven" (their last Top 10 hit). I think I might have played that on the show some time ago. Regardless, I will be playing it again soon. It might be my favorite Wham! song. I love the "Yeah yeah yeah...ba da da da da da" part.

Pjazzy: I'm going to look for "Ecstacy" by the Ohio Players. Thanks for the tip.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->