Friday, April 4, 2008

Bette Davis 100th Birthday Anniv. Tribute On TCM


Saturday April 5th marks what would have been Bette Davis' 100th birthday. In honor of the century milestone, Turner Classic Movies will have an all-day marathon of Bette's films starting at 6 AM EST. Among the films that TCM will be showing are: "The Petrified Forest", "The Letter", "Now, Voyager", "All About Eve", and "Dangerous". For the complete schedule and start times, please click here. Below is a montage that features clips of some of Bette's films, as well as thoughts on her by various actors and actresses.






4 comments:

Ktrek said...

I noticed that you are a fan of classic movies. I'd like to invite you to a social network I started just for classic movie fans. It's similar to MySpace but is exclusive to classic movie fans. I think you would really enjoy it. Here is the link:

http://goldenageofhollywood.ning.com/

Hope to see you there!

Kevin
aka Ktrek

pjazzypar said...

100 years, wow how times flies. You know how I feel about Bette, in my opinion she never made a bad film, though some were better than others. I wish TCM would air "Three On A Match".

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

OMG - look how young "The Boss" is in the picture! God, Springsteen was kind of a hottie!

I don't get TCM - it's so irritating - it would cost another 15 bucks a month and I won't give those dish thieves one more cent! I don't get the other classic channel either, bummer.

Malcolm said...

Philologus: I'm just starting to get over being sick so I am a little behind on my blogging. Thanks for the invite. I just signed up this morning.

Pjazzy: TCM showed "Three On A Match" a couple of weeks ago. If you visit their website you might be able to find out when it's coming on again.

Pop Art Diva: That's too bad you can't get TCM. The dish/cable people have a racket going and they know it.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->