Sunday, April 27, 2008

Heart On A&E's Private Sessions

Ann & Nancy Wilson of Heart

Earlier this morning, I was watching a repeat of the A&E live music/interview program "Private Sessions". If you haven't checked it out, you should give it a try. It's an excellent way to get your Sunday off to a good start. This morning they reaired an episode from 2007 featuring Heart. Along with Heart classics such as "Barracuda" and "Crazy On You", they also performed the Led Zeppelin standard "Immigrant Song" and the John Lennon tune "Isolation". These latter two selections were from Ann Wilson's 2007 solo CD (her first) "Hope & Glory".

Interspersed with the music performances were Ann & Nancy Wilson's informal interview with host Lynn Hoffman. The two sisters talked about their musical influences (Led Zeppelin, Aretha, etc.), their upbringing as military brats, and some of the crazy things that have happened to them over the course of their long career. Ann & Nancy also mentioned that they are working on a new Heart album. When this episode was taped last year, they said that the album may be released in 2008 or 2009.

Below is a clip of Heart performing the song that opened up the episode of "Private Sessions", their 1976 hit "Crazy On You". Ann's voice has lost none of its power and I have always loved to watch Nancy do her kicks and spins when she plays guitar. If Nancy had a penis, I think that she would get the credit she deserves for being a first-rate guitar player.


4 comments:

Bar L. said...

Malcolm - these two ladies are my heroes. Not many true female rockers but Ann and Nancy are the QUEENS. I see them all the time, they tour often and still kick ass. Ann can sing Zeppelin almost as good as Robert P.

pjazzypar said...

I caught the show when it aired last year on A&E. They are great artists. I wish I could catch them in concert.

Rebecca said...

Interesting poll this week! But I confess, I did not answer it truthfully. I said I did NOT want to hear their opinion. Which isn't totally true. I think everybody is entitled to their opinion and is entitled to say what that opinion is, that's one of the great things about being in America. I think I just get tired of celebrities who think that their political opinion needs to be taken seriously because they were the star of whatever movie or show - when in reality their political opinion should have no more importance than MY opinion or your opinion. The other side of it is also funny, the ones who talk but don't know what their talking about (ex: Rosie O'Donnell & her 911 conspiracy theories and saying "steel doesn't melt" now that's some real comedy!)

Sorry to write you a book here, I didn't see a post for me to comment on your poll and I do find this poll interesting! Thanks! :)

Malcolm said...

Barbara: Good call on Ann's tackling of The Zep catalog. I really liked when Ann and Nancy (as The Lovemongers) did "The Battle of Evermore" for the soundtrack to the movie "Singles".

Pjazzy: Heart is on my list too for artists that I want to catch live someday. They tour on a regular basis so I am hoping that it's just a matter of time before I see them.

Frigga: Shame on you for being dishonest in the poll voting, lol. I agree with you about some celebrities who feel that their status as a celeb means that their political opinions should carry more weight. I think that Rosie also made a fool out of herself when she went she ambushed Tom Selleck on her talk show back in the 1999. The two of them got into a debate over gun control (Tom appeared in ads for the NRA). What made Rosie look foolish is that at the time, she was appearing in ads for K-Mart (who were then the nation's leading gun retailer).

The reason that you couldn't find the poll post is because it was a few posts down and I had forgotten to change the date so that it would appear at the top.

Thanks for your input.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->