Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes For My Radio Show

Effective May 2nd, my radio show will air every Friday night from 7-9 PM EST on WKUF-LP 94.3 FM. I think the timeslot change will be good for the show, giving it more exposure. Not only that, but doing the show on Friday nights will free up my weekends. Since the only evening slot open was for 2 hours, my show will now be an hour shorter. Although I loved doing 3 hours, it was sometimes a struggle prepping a show of that length. Having said that, if a suitable 3 hour slot opens up at some point down the line, I'll probably take it.

Along with the timeslot change, my show will also have a new name. Spin City is going in the trash heap. Going forward, my show will be known as The Retro Mix. Even before I thought about moving to a new timeslot, I had been pondering a change to the show's name. When I first started on WKUF in January 2005, the genres of music I played varied from show-to-show (I'd play neo-soul one week, 80s alternative the next week, oldies from the 50s and 60s after that, etc.). When I switched to a 70s and 80s format in January 2006, I should have changed the name of the show then... but that's neither here nor there. The Retro Mix better reflects what my show is about and has been for the last 2-plus years.

Anyway, I hope you can check out The Retro Mix every Friday night from 7-9 PM EST. For those of you who don't already know, WKUF has a webstream so you can listen anywhere in the world. To launch the stream, please visit www.wkuf.com and click the "Listen to the WKUF webstream" link in the blue box on the right side of the page. To listen, you will need Real Player, Winamp, or iTunes.

5 comments:

Jay said...

Very cool! I'm glad they have live streaming. I'll listen in next week!

Bar L. said...

Well, I'll tune in from work (due to the time difference). Sounds like a good chane for you and the show.

pjazzypar said...

Cool! Of course I will check it out.

Lori said...

Hey, I like the new name change. If I can remember, I'll try to give it a listen on Friday night.

Malcolm said...

Jay: Thanks! I hope you are able to tune in on Friday.

Barbara: I think it's a good change too. I am slightly anxious because it almost feels like I will be doing a whole new show tomorrow.

Pjazzy: I knew I could count on you.

Lori: Thanks! I hope you get the chance to tune me in tomorrow night.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->