Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spin City Playlist For 4/19/08

4 pm hour

When I Think of You- Janet Jackson
Bad Company- Bad Company
Where Was You At- War
Breakout- Swing Out Sister
My Kinda Lover- Billy Squier
Mighty Mighty- Earth, Wind and Fire
Hollywood Swinging- Kool & the Gang

Now & Then segment's feat. artist: Madonna
4 Minutes (from her upcoming CD "Hard Candy")
Who's That Girl (1987)

Just Can't Get Enough- Depeche Mode
Dance (Disco Heat)- Sylvester
Get Up (I Feel Like Being A Sex Machine)- James Brown
What Can I Do For You- Labelle

5 pm hour

Panama- Van Halen
Rumble Seat- John Cougar Mellencamp
Acid Queen- Tina Turner
You Sexy Thing- Hot Chocolate
Just Be Yourself- Cameo
Peter Gunn- The Art of Noise feat. Duane Eddy
Lights- Journey
I Wish- Stevie Wonder
Lessons In Love- Level 42

On the Flip Side segment:
You Stepped Into My Life- The Bee Gees (the B-side to their 1976 hit "Love So Right")

In My House- Mary Jane Girls
Mystery Man- The Outfield
Peg- Steely Dan
No Way Back- The Dells
Brick House- The Commodores
(I'm Always Touched By Your) Presence Dear- Tracey Ullman

6 pm hour

Dancing In the Dark- Bruce Springsteen
Popcorn Love- New Edition
Stick Up- Honey Cone
Grease- Frankie Valli
Shot In the Dark- Ozzy Osbourne
Super Freak- Rick James
Free- Chicago
Sweet Thing- Rufus

With or Without You segment's feat. artist: George Harrison
For You Blue (with The Beatles)
This Is Love (solo)

So Emotional- Whitney Houston
Time To Get Down- The Ojays
Urgent- Foreigner
Street Life- The Crusaders
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic- The Police

Did any of your faves make this week's playlist?

Spin City videos:

To find out which songs are in the player, click the "Menu" button and then place your cursor over the images.



6 comments:

pjazzypar said...

Great show, I pretty much liked all the records you played yesterday. A stand out was the Bee Gees singing "You Stepped Into My Life". I am sure you know that Melba Moore had one of her biggest hits with that song and it wasn't until many years later that I learned the Bee Gees had written it. They have become so associated with the Disco Era and "Saturday Night Fever" that the public tends to forget what talented and prolific songwriters they are.

Damien Riley said...

That "Breakout" tune has some incredibly positive and inspiring lyrics. Cool recalling it after seeing it on your playlist.

Jessica said...

Ooh, I'm lovin' the 6:00 hr! :)

Holly Smith said...

"Brick House" is one of my favorite songs of all time. It's just plain fun.

Candy Minx said...

I started to write a list of the songs on the playlist I liked...but it turned out I was writing down almost every song or at least 3/4 of the list. Fantastic music!

Malcolm said...

Pjazzy: I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I was hoping you would be listening in order to catch the Bee Gees' version of "You Stepped Into My Life". When I was a kid, Melba Moore's version was the one I knew. In the late 80s, I had "Bee Gees Greatest" on cassette and it contained their version of the tune.

Damien: I agree with you about the Swing Out Sister song "Breakout". I don't know if you have heard it, but their follow up tune was pretty cool too (Twilight World).

Jessica: Thanks! If you happen to be around your computer on Saturday afternoon, I hope you can check out the show sometime.

Holly: Because I have a lot of music from the 70s and 80s, I sometimes can get into a rut and neglect some tunes. This was the first time I had ever played "Brick House" on the show.

Candy: I'm glad this playlist brought back some positive memories for you. As I said to Jessica above, I hope you can check out the show sometime.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->