Sunday, April 13, 2008

Spin City Playlist For 4/12/08

4 pm hour

Play That Funky Music- Wild Cherry
The Belle of St. Mark- Sheila E.
Mystery Lady- Billy Ocean
Turn To Stone- ELO
Sexy Eyes- Dr. Hook
Same Old Love- Anita Baker
What's Going On (live)- Marvin Gaye

Double Retro segment feat. artist: Gary "U.S." Bonds
Quarter To Three (1961)
This Little Girl (1981)

I Don't Care- The Fabulous Thunderbirds
Turning Point- Tyrone Davis
Dreams- Fleetwood Mac
Magic- The Cars
Silly Love Song- Enchantment

5 pm hour

New Sensation- INXS
Hyperactive- Thomas Dolby
Get Off- Foxy
Strawberry Letter 23- The Brothers Johnson
Zip Gun Boogie- T. Rex
Fake Friends- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Beat It- Michael Jackson

The Guilty Pleasure of the Week:
Waiting For A Star To Fall- Boy Meets Girl

Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again- The Fortunes
Rockin' Soul- The Hues Corporation
Promises, Promises- Naked Eyes
Big Mouth- Whodini
Can You Rock It Like This- Run DMC
Rapture- Blondie
Are You Man Enough- The Four Tops

6 pm hour

Peace of Mind- Boston
Too Many People- Paul McCartney
Romancing the Stone- Eddy Grant
I Want Her- Keith Sweat
Point of No Return- Expose
Johnny Can't Read- Don Henley
I Want Your Love- Chic

#1 segment:
The Only Living Boy In New York- Simon & Garfunkel (from their album "Bridge Over Troubled Water", which was #1 on the Billboard chart this week in 1970)

Ghetto Child- The Spinners
I Really Don't Need No Light- Jeffrey Osborne
Hourglass- Squeeze
Party Out of Bounds- The B-52s
Up In A Puff of Smoke- Polly Brown
Little Red Corvette- Prince

Did any of your faves make this week's playlist?

Spin City videos:



6 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Have you heard any of the new B-52s CD? it's pretty great :)

avogle said...

Awesome! I could listen to "The Only Living Boy in New York" on repeat a thousand times in a row. And, I haven't thought of "Waiting for a Star to Fall" in a thousand years. Nice.

Malcolm said...

Mistress of the D: I just listened to 30 second snippets of songs from their new CD. I really liked what I heard. I plan on featuring one of their new tunes in an upcoming "Now and Then" segment on my show. It's hard to believe that this is the B-52's first album of all new material since 1992!

What's A Donzer: The first version of "The Only Living Boy In New York" that I ever heard was the remake by Everything But the Girl. They do a pretty faithful version of it.

I remember when "Waiting For A Star To Fall" was in heavy (and I mean heavy) rotation on MTV. I don't know if you watched the clips that I embedded in this post, but the video to "Waiting For A Star To Fall" is included.

Holly Smith said...

Umm....Expose, Point of No Return? I'm trying to figure out which song you are referring to...

Malcolm said...

Holly: Yes, "Point of No Return" is the song that I was referring to in the email I sent you. When I hear them, I am reminded of a friend of mine from back in the day. She was heavily into the dance divas of the 80s (Expose, Madonna, Jody Watley, etc.).

Holly Smith said...

Whew...I'm glad I guessed it!

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->