Monday, April 7, 2008

Final Results of the Johnny Depp/Tim Burton Poll

By an overwhelming margin, Johnny Depp's first collaboration with Tim Burton (Edward Scissorhands) was voted as your favorite the two have made together in the recent poll. Although it wouldn't have been my first choice (see below), I can see why it was for so many of you. In case you're wondering, it would have been my 2nd choice.

Given that it was the weakest box-office performer of their collaborations, I was surprised to see "Ed Wood" come in 2nd place. Had I voted, this would have been the movie I selected because I'm a sucker for movies about the movie industry (esp. if it's set in a previous time period). Also the fine acting throughout the movie and Tim Burton's attention to detail made this a winner in my eyes.

Another surprise was the showing of "Sweeney Todd" in the poll. Because it's the most recent of their teamings and it's box-office success, I thought that it would do a little better.

Thanks to all of you who participated!

Here are the final results:

Edward Scissorhands- 58%
Ed Wood- 13%
Sleepy Hollow- 10%
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory- 8%
Sweeney Todd and Tim Burton's the Corpse Bride- 4% each

Below is the trailer of Edward Scissorhands, followed by an interview with Johnny and Tim on "The Arsenio Hall Show".








5 comments:

Bar L. said...

Yeah! Love it!

The Rock Chick said...

I haven't seen any of them, but how can you not like the scissorshands guy! I think that's just an awesome costume!

Malcolm said...

Barbara: Is this the first time that your pick finished first in one of my polls?

Rock Chick: If you have The Fox Movie Channel, they show "Edward Scissorhands" on a regular basis. One of the reasons I like Johnny Depp is that he takes roles like Edward Scissorhands when he easily could have gone the pretty boy route and played only sex symbol-type characters.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Edward was such a wonderful movie, plus it had the most stunning music by Danny Elfman :)

Candy Minx said...

Hey wonderfful overview of your JD/TB poll.

I love movies about movies too..in fact, that gives me a bit of an idea for a TT list. Maybe we should plan a mutual TT list of our top fave movies about movies for a couple weeks in the future without telling each other what we are using in our lists? I have my TT list for next week...so if you feel like doing this...in a couple weeks let me know...

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->