Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tuesday Tunes: Week 27

I'm a day late, but I still wanted to play... and so can you. This is from Music Memoirs.

Word association week: Name the first song/album/artist/musical style that comes to mind when you see the following 10 words.

Camera: Aztec Camera (a Scottish new wave band)
Married: Love & Marriage by Frank Sinatra (later used as the theme to "Married... With Children")
Lost: Must of Got Lost by J. Geils Band
Grin: Smile (an album by The Beach Boys)
Rest: Restless Heart (the country pop band)
Environment: Clean Up Woman by Betty Wright
Hippie: Harry Hippie by Bobby Womack
Betrayal: I Hate Myself For Loving You by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
Emotion: The Emotions (female R&B group)
Dream: #9 Dream by John Lennon

6 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

Interesting list, and I LOVE J. Geils! Here's hoping Must of Got Lost will replace Air Supply in my head. (Please! For the love of God!)

Natsthename said...

Oh, I totally forgot Aztec Camera (what a great band!)

Fab list, especially The Emotions, who are often overlooked!

pjazzypar said...

Camera: Centerfold - J. Geils Band
Married: I Was Married - Billy Paul
Lost: Lost In Music - Sister Sledge
Grin: Your Smile - Rene and Angela
Rest: Just Kickin It - Xscape
Environment: The Ecology Song - Marvin Gaye
Hippie: Harry Hippie by Bobby Womack
Betrayal: Not Gon' Cry - Mary J. Blige
Emotion: Emotion - Bee Gees
Dream: Dreamin - Vanessa Williams

moodymistress said...

Great list! We had some of the same answers (Aztec Camera and #9 Dream). :)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh...speaking of Aztec Camera, have you heard any of Roddy's solo albums? He's a great songwriter.

Malcolm said...

The Gal Herself: Russell Hitchcock vs. Peter Wolf... that's a toughie.

Natsthename (aka Supastar!): It was definitely more to The Emotions than just "The Best of My Love". Thanks for visiting.

Pjazzy: I had forgotten all about Xscape... they had some pretty cool jams.

Moodymistress: Here's a trivia nugget: did you know that "#9 Dream" peaked at #9 on the Billboard pop singles chart?

Mistress of the D: No, I haven't heard any of Roddy's solo work. There's another artist I'll add to my list of those I'll try to check out.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->