Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Final Results of The "Thriller" Poll

The result of the "Thriller" poll are in and with 24% of the vote, "Beat It" narrowly edged out the title track as the favorite song off that classic album. To me, the most surprising thing about this poll is that the biggest hit off the album and arguably Mike's most famous solo tune ("Billie Jean"), only received 8% of the vote. One thing that didn't surprise me is that "The Girl Is Mine" was the last song to receive a vote. Although it is a guilty pleasure of mine, it's probably the weakest track on "Thriller". The complete results of the poll are below:

"Beat It"- 24%
"Thriller"- 20%
"P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)" and "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin"- 16% each
"Billie Jean"- 8%
"Baby Be Mine", "The Girl Is Mine", "Human Nature", and "The Lady In My Life"- 4% each

Below is the classic video clip of the winning tune. After all these years, I never get tired of watching it. Woo hoo! Hee hee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this video made me smile for several reasons.
1. I hadn't seen this video in at least 20 years. It seemed WAY cooler in 1984. Those guys were holding arms during the knife fight! I never noticed that.
2. A lot of boys had those red jackets when I was in elem. school...makes me laugh now.
3. I remember trying to do that "reach up reach up, side pull side" dance in my room with my friend...We also, of course, tried moonwalking from Billie Jean, but to no avail.(But, my brother could do it!)
I voted for Beat It, b/c that guitar bit brings me right back to that time....

Anonymous said...

I gotta say that though I voted for Beat It, I love ALL those songs! Thriller came out when I was 12 (13?) and I listened to it often for several years.

Bar L. said...

Ya know what's sad, I voted but can't remember what song I chose! I love them all!

Malcolm said...

Mama PJ: I have a nephew who had a Beat It jacket back when the video was out. I wonder if those are worth any money now? I actually served as the "tie-breaker" in the poll because "Beat It" was tied with "Thriller".

BookMama: Back when "Thriller" was out, I think I was one of the few people who didn't have a copy. Somebody in my family did... plus, the songs got played on radio constantly so I figured I had no reason to buy it. I did buy the special edition CD a few years ago.

Barbara: Were you the one who voted for "The Girl Is Mine"? :)

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->