Friday, September 21, 2007

Who Is That Singer In the iPod Nano Commercial?

For various reasons, there are some commercials that immediately catch my eye. Case in point: the new ad for the iPod Nano. I was instantly hooked by the catchy tune used in the commercial. When I first heard it, the singer reminded me of Bjork... but I didn't think it was her. To find out exactly who the singer was and the name of the song, I pulled out my seersucker cap and did some searches online. I discovered that the singer's name is Feist and the title of the song is "1234". Below is the video to the song. I hope it puts a smile on your face like it did mine.

5 comments:

The Rock Chick said...

Hi Malcolm!

I love this commercial, too, but I can't say it was the catchy tune that I noticed at first...it was the one piece jumpsuit thing she was wearing. I've been seeing these one piece things on some of the celebs in the tabloids and normally I like when clothing trends reappear, but these jumpsuits just have to go. They just don't look good on anybody!

I do like this video, though. I like the casual playfulness of it--

Jessica

Cup said...

Feist is great! I have MP3s, if you're interested ...

Anonymous said...

Cool song. I never heard of her before. She does sound like Bjork though! Great find!

Unknown said...

I love this song -- it's one of those that I can listen to a thousand times and never get sick of!

Malcolm said...

Hi Jessica: I agree with you about the jumpsuit... no matter how good a woman looks, she can't pull those one-piece jumpsuits off.

Beth: I'll take you up on the offer of Feist mp3s... thanks!

Mama PJ: I had never heard of Feist either until this commercial. Many times commercials use songs without any apparent rhyme or reason. However, it totally makes sense in this case.

Courtney: "1234" falls into my "repeated listen" category as well. It's hooky and it puts me in a happy mood.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->