Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Final Results of Previous Poll

Barely edging out the competition, the reality show "Kid Nation" was voted as the most anticipated new series of the fall TV season. I watched the premiere episode last week and will definitely be checking out future installments to see if the kids can create a functioning society with little help or supervision from adults. Two "write-in" shows ("Reaper" and "The Salt and Pepa Show") also got some love, receiving one vote apiece.

Apparently, none of you are interested in "Dirty Sexy Money" because it received no votes. I'm going to pull out my crystal ball and predict that "Dirty Sexy Money" will be one of the hits of the 2007-2008 season. I think the premise and the cast (which includes "Six Feet Under" star Peter Krause, Donald Sutherland, and Jill Clayburgh) will make it a winner.

Below are the final results of the poll:

Kid Nation- 18%
Bionic Woman, Cane, Chuck, and Private Practice- 12% each
Back To You, Journeyman, Pushing Daisies, Reaper, and The Salt and Pepa Show- 6% each
Dirty Sexy Money- 0%

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also caught the first episode of "Kid Nation" mostly out of curiousity, but partly out of concern. Working as a counselor for children for the past decade I wondered if these children would be able to handle the psychological constraints. Once assured that there were adults actually present and the children could go home whenever they wanted, I sat back and enjoyed the show, which was entertaining.

Lori said...

Hey Malcolm,
I vote you add another choice to your latest poll--"none of the above."

I really don't see any of those couples making it past the 5 year mark, especially the married ones.

Jay and B. aren't married, are they? Were they to jump the broom, I'd give them 2-3 years. As it stands, they've probably already been a couple 5 years or more, haven't they? Anyway, just my two cents . . .

Malcolm said...

Pjazzy: I think there probably were a lot of people watching out of concern. I do like that the kids are given the option of leaving. I felt sorry for the one homesick kid who left at the end of the 1st episode. That has to be really scary at that age (8) to be away from home for such a long time.

Lori: Thanks for the suggestion. When I was putting together the poll, I considered a "none of the above" option. However, I decided against this because I figured it would give voters an easy way out.

At the moment, Jay-Z and Beyonce' are not married. Although I am not sure how long they have been together, it's been about 5 years.

I decided on the 5 couples based on the fact that they all have been together approx. 2-5 years. The reason being is that if I was to choose a relatively new couple like Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel, they might call it quits before the poll closes. Also, a couple like Will and Jada would probably receive the most votes because of their stability (10 years and counting).

The Rock Chick said...

I've been interested in Kid Nation because I do think it's an interesting concept, but also because one of my high school classmates has a child on the show.

I did tape Dirty Sexy Money, but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I DVR everything and zip thru the commericals. I still have a lot of shows to catch up with and so far, I've enjoyed everything I've seen except for ER. It used to be one of my faves but I think it's run it's course...

Jessica

Malcolm said...

Jessica: It's true when they say it's a small world. Which child on "Kid Nation" is the offspring of your high school classmate?

Damn, I thought that Dirty Sexy Money was supposed to premiere this week! Let me know what you think once you watch it. I will try to make a point to catch it this Wednesday. I haven't watched ER on a regular basis in a couple of years. I hear that they are bringing some of the alums like Noah Wylie back for some episodes this year. That should be interesting.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->